One of the worlds largest financial services companies operating in over 60 countries, with 171 thousand employees supporting 105 million clients delivering over $100 billion of revenue in 2018.
In the UK they operate through its multiple subsidiaries providing general insurance, life insurance, health insurance, life insurance and wealth management. They challenge the way things are, they push boundaries and their reason for this uncompromising approach is to help make their customers’ lives better and safer.
The UK Plc had previously outsourced its voice solution to one of the worlds largest global communication providers. The solution and contract were coming to end of life and needed to be replaced with a new solution that not only supported the organisations ‘as-is’ functionality but also considered its future omni-channel aspirations.
Due to the organisations outsourcing model, they had limited voice and contact centre expertise across its various UK subsidiaries.
We were originally engaged to analyse the organisation’s operation and their utilisation of the incumbent voice solution. Due to the lack of internal expertise, we then supported the production of a full set of detailed business requirements
The senior partners were then engaged to work with the organisation’s senior management team to define the scope of their Unified Communication Programme. This resulted in the partners supporting the subsequent RFI and RFP process to market-leading suppliers to tender for a Unified Communication solution. The scope of the RFP was then extended to support the organisation’s global requirements which led to the selection of a global vendor
Over the following 18 months, new team members were brought in by us to facilitate the design, build, test and delivery the new Unified Communication platform, This included:
- Business Lead
- Technical Lead
- Business Analysts
- Voice Analysts
- Interim UC & Strategy Manager
- Test Analyst
- RFP and Vendor selection.
- Delivery of a new IT Service Support Operating model and Run book.
- A UC Strategy and Roadmap.
- Creation of an internal UC Support Team and a single front door via ServiceNow to support all BAU changes and incidents.
- Successful migration of 800 contact centre staff, 1100 back office users and 96 meeting rooms across 12 locations.
- The capture and sign off of 12 component level Business Specification Documents (BSDs) containing over 400 pages of requirements and users stories.
- The capture and sign off of over 100,000 configurations requirements via the use of Migration Specification Documents (MSDs).
- Over 6,000 functional and non-functional tests followed by User Acceptance Testing.
- An Audio style guide and associated professional voice artists/studio ensuring a consistent and branded experience